- About Artwork
- Buy With Confidence
Zhuang Hong Yi is a contemporary Chinese artist, living in the Netherlands. Internationally acclaimed for his unique style, Yi explores the themes of representation and beauty throughout his large body of work, maintaining a high level of precision.
The influence of his Chinese background is clear from his use of colours, shapes and materials, as in Untitled II. Yi aims to combine the influence of Chinese aesthetics and forms with Western Impressionist elements, resulting in beautiful three-dimensional paintings.
Here, Zhuang has created a triple coloured work that subtly changes from one dominant colour to another as the viewer moves around the canvas. Utilizing the traditional Chinese material of rice paper, the works represent Chinese aesthetics, meditations on colour, nature and form, whilst the emphasis on technique and uniformity and the focus on his handling of material are all lessons adopted from the Sichuan College of Fine Arts where he first studied.
This flower motif is one that Zhuang Hong Yi’s goes back to time and time again. Flowers are a significant image in Chinese culture, where it carries countless meanings and emotions, and in the Netherlands, and he returns to it year after year. He has crafted this oeuvre using delicate pieces of painted rice paper, which he has bent and folded into hundreds of tiny buds creating a seductive, tactile work.
If you'd like to learn more about Zhuang Hong Yi, visit the artist page.
About Zhuang Hong Yi
Direct from the artists studio
- Professional Associations - We have built up a strong reputation for the quality of the paintings, drawings and sculpture that we curate, exhibit and sell. Our professional associations with bodies such as The British Antique Dealers’ Association (BADA) and the Association of Art & Antique Dealers (LAPADA) are as a result of our reputation for integrity, our wide knowledge of fine arts and the high quality of our stock. Our business standards and expertise are reviewed regularly to adhere vigorously with enforced Codes. Our memberships and commitment to its Code of Conducts, gives our buyers confidence when purchasing a work from us.
- Authenticity - Condition reports and certificates of authenticity vary in their nature by artwork, for more information on your pieces of interest, please enquire with the gallery.
- Artwork images - We take pride in the attention we give to our images of the artworks for purchase and invest in these to ensure outputs are aligned as closely as possible to the item in reality. We do not apply filters or modify images, we provide high quality images to reflect the high quality of our artworks.
Your purchase process
- Payment processing - You can be assured that payments are securely processed through Worldpay's trusted payment gateway.
- Shipping and packaging - Shipping and packaging requirements are assessed per piece to ensure the most suitable protection for the artwork. Trinity House will therefore call following purchase to agree the recommendations and costs.
We offer the following services which we will be happy to discuss with you following your purchase, alternatively you can enquire for more information.
- Insurance - We offer insurance appraisals to protect your prised artwork and help you find the right cover and policy for you.
- Framing - We are able to advise on framing and have access to every type and style to suit any artistic period or room setting.
- Conservation - The nature of the materials involved in a painting mean that on occasion some pieces are susceptible to movement and the effects of natural ageing. We are able to provide advice on practical measures to conserve the original condition of a piece and have relationships with restorers and framers to offer you a range of services to meet your needs.